Fun Friday: Story Time + Crafts #6posted by jus on May 18th, 2010
The theme for Fun Friday on May 14 were bees!
Ten Little Bumble Bees
One little, two little, three little bumble bees
Four little, five little, six little bumble bees
Seven little, eight little, nine little bumble bees
Ten little bumble bees flying all around
Bumble Bee Bracelet
Supplies needed for each bumble bee:
1. ½ toilet paper roll or 4 inch wide section of a paper towel roll
2. One 6 inch x 2 inch piece of yellow construction paper
3. Two – 6 inch x ½ inch piece of black construction paper
4. Two – 1 ½ inch x ½ inch piece of black construction paper
5. One – 2 inch x 4 inch piece of wax paper or parchment paper
6. Glue stick or glue
Glue the yellow piece of construction paper around the toilet paper roll. Then glue the two black (6in x ½ in) strips on top of the yellow paper to make the bee’s stripes. Cut the wax paper piece into the wings and tape or glue on top of the bee. Use the small pieces of black paper to make the antennae. When your bee is dry, you can cut the bottom to make a bracelet.
Optionally you can paint the toilet paper roll yellow, when dry, paint the black strips. You will still need black construction paper or pipe cleaners for the antennae.
About Fun Friday
Fun Friday is a weekly event at KangarooBoo in Valley Junction. Join us for interactive storytelling, singing, and crafts. A fun way to foster a love for reading and develop your child’s imagination. This event is free — no registration required.